Board of Directors
Director of Education for the Diocese of Sheffield
· 25 years in primary education as teacher and headteacher
· former lecturer in English and Education at Sheffield Hallam University
· Church of England curate
· established the Diocese of Sheffield Academies Trust
Brings skills in school leadership, supporting schools, Diocesan leadership and working with the Church of England
CEO of the Diocese of Sheffield Academies Trust
· has served as Vice-Chair of Governors at a DSAT school prior to, and through, conversion
· formerly CEO of PPF plc, a national Recruitment and Training Business with a turnover of £90m per annum
· HR skills - in 2013 Andrew was granted Chartered Fellow status within the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (the highest level of CIPD professional membership)
Brings skills in HR, company law, leadership and management of business
Corporate Environmental, Health & Safety Manager for Stanley Black and Decker in UK, Ireland, Middle East, Africa, Scandinavia (since 2011)
· experienced safety professional with a proven record in accident reduction
· Chartered Member of IOSH
· qualified teacher and an effective communicator
Brings skills in premises management, health and safety
Retired Executive Headteacher
· up to 2017, executive Headteacher of Thrybergh’ St Thomas Kilnhurst and Dalton Trinity Schools
· one of the founding and leading members of the ‘Learners First’ partnership within Rotherham local authority.
· head of an ‘Outstanding’ school
· worked to support Dalton and St Thomas, securing ‘Good’ standard at these schools
· developed an excellent team of Head of School and Middle Leaders
Brings skills in school leadership, outstanding provision and system led school improvement
Headteacher of Oughtibridge Community Primary School
· previously Headteacher of Porter Croft School in Sheffield
· a founding member of the Koinonia Academies Trust, also within the Diocese
· secured ‘Outstanding’ grade at Porter Croft
Brings skills in academy law, outstanding school provision
Communications Manager for the Diocese of Sheffield
· CIM Prof Diploma in Marketing, CMI Pro Diploma in Management & Leadership, IOSH Managing Safely
· experience working for Groundwork (charity that worked with young people on the fringes of education)
· worked for Grantfinder (UK-based grants funding database)
· triathalon competitor
Bring skills in digital communications and campaigns, media relations and crisis comms
Currently Heidi is Chair of our DSAT Finance and Audit Committee as Non-exec Director. Recently, Interim Programme Operations Director for the South West Academic Health Science Network, Heidi runs her own management consulting company and is a Business Coach. Previously Heidi was Diocesan and Company Secretary for the Sheffield Diocesan Board of Finance 2016-2020 (a registered charity and company limited by guarantee) Building on over 20 years of experience of leadership, management policy and finance in the Civil Service from 1994, Heidi’s career highlights and professional qualifications include:
Deputy Director in H M Treasury 2011-2013 and the Department for Education 2013-2016.
Chartered member of CIPFA (Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy) and CIPD (Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development).
Qualified Teacher (secondary education, before joining the Civil Service)
Heidi has previous experience as a local authority and as a parent governor in both secondary and primary education. Heidi brings HR, Finance and Governance skills and experience, and knowledge of the Church of England and the education sector.
Zoe was appointed to the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development role at the Trust in March 2017, following a period of 9 months of acting into the role on an interim basis. She joined Chesterfield Royal in April 2014 as the Deputy Director, having joined the NHS in 2006 at Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. Prior to this, Zoe worked in a range of HR, OD and learning and development roles in the private and legal sectors. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Zoe is the Joint Vice President of the East Midlands branch of the Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) and the Co-Chair of the East Midlands Social Partnership Forum. She is also a Trustee on the Board of a local schools academy on a voluntary basis.