Board of Directors
Huw Thomas - Chair of Trustees
Director of Education for the Diocese of Sheffield
- 25 years in primary education as teacher and headteacher
- Former lecturer in English and Education at Sheffield Hallam University
- Church of England curate
- Established the Diocese of Sheffield Academies Trust
Brings skills in school leadership, supporting schools, Diocesan leadership and working with the Church of England
Andrew Waldron - CEO
CEO of the Diocese of Sheffield Academies Trust
- Has served as Vice-Chair of Governors at a DSAT school prior to, and through, conversion
- Formerly CEO of PPF plc, a national Recruitment and Training Business with a turnover of £90m per annum
- HR skills - in 2013 Andrew was granted Chartered Fellow status within the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (the highest level of CIPD professional membership)
Brings skills in HR, company law, leadership and management of business
Present working role:
Associate Lecturer/ Link Tutor for the University of Huddersfield, working with trainee teachers on their journey towards qualified teacher status.
Member of Wickersley Partnership Trust.
I began my career in teaching quite late after initially working at Parkgate steel works. My teaching career has been within Rotherham Primary Schools up until 2017 when I retired from headship. I enjoyed the position of Head Teacher for twenty years, the last five years as Executive Head of three primary schools. In 2013- I became a designated National Leader of Education- working with Learners First School Improvement team and Wickersley Secondary School to form a Teaching School Alliance aimed at supporting the development of educational practice across Rotherham and beyond.
I have a particular interest in the development of new teachers and how as a profession we can inspire our children’s learning.
Jim Dugmore - Chair of Risk, Audit and Finance Committee, Safeguarding Trustee
Jim is an experienced Headteacher and has worked as a National Leader of Education and System Leader across the region for several years. He is the former Headteacher of Oughtibridge Primary School, one of Sheffield’s highest performing schools.
He has successfully led transformational school improvement programmes across several schools, including leading one of his previous schools from performing within the lowest 200 in England to an Outstanding Ofsted in 2015. He currently supports schools across South Yorkshire and is the CEO of Peak Edge Academy Trust.
Communications Manager for the Diocese of Sheffield
- CIM Prof Diploma in Marketing, CMI Pro Diploma in Management & Leadership, IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience working for Groundwork (charity that worked with young people on the fringes of education)
- Worked for Grantfinder (UK-based grants funding database)
- Triathalon competitor
Bring skills in digital communications and campaigns, media relations and crisis comms
Zoe was appointed to the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development role at the Trust in March 2017, following a period of 9 months of acting into the role on an interim basis.
She joined Chesterfield Royal in April 2014 as the Deputy Director, having joined the NHS in 2006 at Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. Prior to this, Zoe worked in a range of HR, OD and learning and development roles in the private and legal sectors. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Zoe is the Joint Vice President of the East Midlands branch of the Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) and the Co-Chair of the East Midlands Social Partnership Forum. She is also a Trustee on the Board of a local schools academy on a voluntary basis.
Isy Mba (FCCA)
Finance Executive with over 12 years experience in Senior Management and Strategic Leadership across industries (FMCG, Construction, Public Sector Organisations: NHS etc)
Foundation Governor of a good school.
Managing Director at Alpha 3 Manufacturing.
Background in Finance as an ACCA Fellow.
Experience as Finance Director predominantly in manufacturing firms of all sizes including SME owner-managed, PE backed and multi-national FMCG organisations.
Dave bring skills in finance, functions of business.
- Programme Manager (Group Transformation Insurance & Wealth) at Lloyds Banking Group.
- Association of Project Management Professional
- Working for a FTSE 100 organisation Robert understands the ‘customer experience’ so keen to help DSAT’s messaging and engagement with its ‘customers’ who are the parents and pupils.
- Currently Lead Governor for Sheffield Childrens Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and have been for around 5 years. Here the governance model is slightly different as I hold the Non-Executive Board members to account for the performance of the unitary board.
Robert brings skills in finance, project and risk management.